Founded by Martin J Flanagan in 1908, the company traded for many years from its well-known city centre premises on Broad Street. His son Jack subsequently took over, selling the catches of local fishermen to the people of Waterford and exporting large volumes of salmon to the UK.
In the late 1950's, John Whittle, a cousin of Jack, took over and was eventually succeeded by his sons John and Brendan, who now manage the operation from its new base in the IDA Industrial Estate (Northern Extension) on the outskirts of Waterford city. Flanagan’s have now two shops, a factory shop based in the Industrial Estate and a dedicated retail shop on the Dunmore Road.
Ardkeen Shopping Centre
(051) 871 713
Unit 603 Northern Extension
Industrial Park,Cleaboy Road